(Message posted by Vince Stadon, producer Bristol Sitcom Trials)
The Bristol Sitcom Trials have been offered a fifteen minute slot at the next "Secret Comedians" gig at the Richmond pub, Clifton, Bristol, on Thursday March 1st. This is all thanks to Elf Lyons, a member of the new Bristol team, who also does a marvelous job of running "The Secret Comedians".
They've a Facebook page here.
I'm looking for scripts which need very little rehearsal and which can be easily performed script-in-hand style. There's very little time to write new material (though have at it if you want to give it a go!) so feel free to rummage through your old files and pick out something that matches the following criteria:
* A run time of between 10 and 15 mins.
* Includes funny female characters. (Maximum cast is six, minimum is three - a good mix of male/female characters would be ideal).
* Can be performed "radio-style" with minimal stage directions.
* In PDF format.
Scripts currently in competition for the March 30th show at the Wardrobe Theatre are exempt.
We'll get the team to read each script at the meeting on Sunday 26th Feb at the Oxford pub (please feel free to come along), and we'll vote on which one we'd like to perform at the Richmond.
(In the sad event that no scripts are sent in, or none are suitable, I'll pull a classic Sitcom Trials script from the archives and we'll perform that.)
A few things -
- If your script has been entered into a past Trials (or any other competition), it's perfectly fine to send it in for the Richmond show.
- Cliffhangers are fine, no worries if your script has one or not (we'll perform the whole thing anyway).
- Please spread the word about "The Secret Comedians" and come along to the show on Thurs March 1st, Richmond pub, Clifton, Bristol.
- We'll hopefully be videoing the performance, but that's not guaranteed.
Basically, this is just a little warm up for the Bristol Team as we prepare for the Wardrobe show (Fri March 30th - tickets on sale now from the Wardrobe Theatre).
Please send all scripts to: Vince Stadon (email@example.com) by midnight Saturday 25th Feb.